How to Choose a Headset
1. Looking for a headset to use with a standard, corded desk telephone?Simply select one of our recommended Complete Packages complete with headset and amplifier or use the blue tabs at the left side of the screen to choose your headset and your amplifier separately. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
Do you want a traditional corded headset or a completely wireless headset?
- Corded Headsets for Use with Corded Office Phones
- Wireless Headsets for Use with Corded Office Phones
How would you like to wear your headset?
- Over-the-Head Headsets - offer maximum stability
- Over-the-Ear Headsets - sleek, lightweight design
- Convertible Headsets - versatile: can be worn over-the-head or over-the-ear
- Behind-the-Neck Headsets - offer the stability of dual ear support without interfering with your hairstyle
Is your work environment noisy or quiet? All Plantronics "H" series headsets (those with model numbers beginning with an "H") come in your choice of microphone design:
- Noise-canceling microphone - Reduces background noise; ideal for noisy call centers and busy office environments
- Voice Tube - more economical, ideal for quieter office environments
Do you prefer one ear-pad or two?
- Monaural - one ear-pad (all headset models)
- Binaural - two ear-pads; ideal for very noisy call centers and offices.
All Plantronics "H" series headsets (those with model numbers beginning with an "H") require an external amplifier, patch cable or adapter to connect to your single- or multi-line telephone. Check to see if your phone is "headset-ready" and buy the correct connector cable. For phones that are not headset-ready, you will need an amplifier:
- First, click here to determine if your telephone model is headset-ready.
- If your phone is not headset-ready, you'll need a an amplifier such as the Plantronics M22 Vista universal amplifier. It is compatible with most single- and multi-line telephones
- Polaris - If you have a Nortel Meridian, Norstar, NEC Dterm series or Mitel SuperSet there is a good chance that you will not require an external amplifier (like the M22) to connect your headset to your telephone. Check to see if your phone system is listed and then purchase any P-series Plantronics headset which comes complete with the necessary cable to connect directly to your phone. Click here to determine if your phone system is known to be "headset-ready and therefore compatible with Plantronics Polaris P-series headsets."
- Many other phones are headset-ready and therefore do not require an external amplifier. They may need a special connector cable. Click here to see if your phone has a direct headset port.